"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bubble Bee's


Why does everyone try to kill bee's? I know hornets, and wasps, and yellow jackets are bad, but bubble bee's aren't and they help us, they are the reason we have flowers, and vegetables every summer. I will admit I do run from them, but I will not kill them. Last summer, my mom had the hardest time getting anything to grow, and we couldn't figure it out, but our neighbor told us it was because we had a shortage of bee's pollinating everything. And I never realized just how precious our bubble bee's are. So now I cherish them, I will run from them, but I still cherish them for what they do. And as our parent s always say, if you don't bother them, they wont bother you. ;o)






3 comments:

  1. Yes Ma'am. Bees are essential! I thought about getting a hive except I know NOTHING about bee keeping and am guessing I should wait until my kids are older so no accidents.

    Hail to the BEES!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am loving your border between posts. ;) Thanks ODP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I welcome bees to my garden. They pollinate plants and are in trouble worldwide, so they have a place at my house, and at yours.
    Sometimes when my blackberry thicket is full of white berry flowers, the thicket hums as the bees work.

    ReplyDelete


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.