"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Monday, May 11, 2009

I can do it myself


Monday May 11, 2009


Hey y'all,

I have come to a conclusion, I don't need to wait on my husband to get things done. I am tired of making a honey do list, just to have him put it off until another day. So I decided today, that I am tired of being the venerable, scared little girl people see me as. I am going to start doing these things myself. I don't want to have to depend on my husband, or a Mr. fix it, I am going to teach my self how to do anything I need done. That's all a part of the self-sufficient life right?


I came to this conclusion today, when I went in the bathroom and the cabinet door, (that has been broken for some time now) fell off its hinges as it always does, and it made me so mad. So the Rosie the riveter came out in me, and I decided to fix the darn thing, so I did!! I was quit proud of myself! And that's when I decided that I can do anything my husband can do, next I am going to change the oil in my car. I am feeling very empowered now, I feel like I can do anything.

1 comment:

  1. Yeaaaa good for you. I am kind of that way also, heck if something goes wrong and my husband it at work I just fix it myself, he tells me all the time that some of the guys that work with him get calls all the time for the most stupid things, like their wives can't do anything.
    Sounds exciting that you're getting ready to build a home. We are planning on building one ourselves hopefully sometime in the near future. My husband inherited 3 different areas of land, where we plan to build is on a spot that has 38 acres. We really want to use the trees on the land to build a log home, we want to do most of the work ourselves. His parents planted it in pines back several years ago. Only thing though is the trees are probably 3 or 4 years away from being large enough to cut for logs, And we're ready now.

    ReplyDelete


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.