"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Summer Smells




Hey Ya'll,




It's another beautiful warm day here, we finally got a break from the 3 weeks of solid rain! Maybe now we will be able to finish planting our garden.


I love the smells of summer, like multi flora roses, my husband hates them and tries to kill them because they are wild and they take over everything if you let them. I would let them take over if it was up to me, they smell so sweet and look so dainty and pretty and when they grow in big bunches the smell and the beauty just over whelms you! I also love the smell of tomato plants, the leaves smell so good, and remind me of summer days in the mountains where I grew up. And the smell of fresh cut hay, and honey suckle, summer just smells so sweet!! Another one of my favorite smells, is Gardenia at my aunt Mary's house in Savannah, GA. When you sit on her porch in the swing sippin sweet tea and that warm gardenia filled breeze hits you in the face, there is nothin better, for me it's a very comforting smell. Oh and the smell of fresh clothes out on the line, I could go on forever! And that sweet smell of watermelon when you bite into it and it's sweet goodness drips down your chin! Can you tell I just adore summer time? Summer time and all it's smells and feelings take me back to child hood. Summertime is very comforting, most of the time. I hope everyone has a wonderful, beautiful sweet summertime!!

1 comment:

  1. My goodness...you said enough to make my mouth water and my nose tickle!
    I just think your blog is so cute!!!!
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.