"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Friday, July 31, 2009

A calling from God?


Hey ya'll,


It's been a while since I have written anything, but I just have not been in the mood, until today.

My mom and I were dropping my aunt off to meet a friend today, and it was in the bad part of town on 7th Ave. My mom and I volunteer at the rescue mission once a month serving food and it just so happens to be on the same road where we dropped off my aunt today. The traffic was kinda bad and we are a little unfamiliar with that road, so instead of going back the was we came I suggested we go down the side road that takes you to the mission and take a short cut, since that is the way we know.

I think we were meant to go that way, for what reason I still can not figure out, because when we turned down the road and were driving past the mission, we saw a tall man, dressed very nice, walking with a very young boy I guess about the age of 11 or 12 very, very over weight, and in very raggedy and dirty clothes with a back pack. I am guessing they were going to the mission, and I could also tell that they did not know each other very well. Just human assumption I guess. And ever since then, that young boy has been on my heart so very heavily, that I can not stop thinking about him, so heavily that it is making my heart hurt, and I don't know why. I have prayed all day about him, and every time I pray, it just gets worse. Was I meant to see that boy? I don't know why, because I may never see him again. Why is this so heavy on my heart? Is it a calling from God?

1 comment:

  1. We never know what the Lord has in store for us.It maybe that the young boy may needed your prayers that day.It always gives me chills when I know the Lord is working in someones life. Just keep on praying and he will show you what he has in store for you. Stand still and let God move!Thanks for visiting me and you don't live to far from me!Have a blessed day!
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.