"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Monday, October 12, 2009

Some thoughts...

Hey ya'll,

Well it's fall, my favorite time of year. And yet I am restless. There are so many things I want. Right now my husband and I live in a 25 foot camper, and we have for a year now. We are trying to save money for a house, a simple house and a small farm, but first a house. My husband works, but I can not find a job. There are none, and I am not alone, but it's very depressing. I can't even get any interviews.
I don't ask for much, just some chickens for eggs and because I think they are so sweet, and I have never had chickens.
And a house, this is the one we have plans for, but can not build, we can not seem to save any money, I clean a house once a week, but it's not enough right now.
And a grain mill, I love to make bread and I would love to make it from wheat I grind myself.


And this is my dream kitchen, but that's only a dream.

I need to find a way to make money, a craft, a side job, odd job, a work from home job would be nice since I had to sell my car, we now have a few extra bucks, but only one car. Does anyone have any ideas on a way to make some money? Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for the camper, and we are blessed to have what we have, but I am ready to have a baby, and it's not easy spending your first year of marriage in a camper, and winter is really hard!! We get pretty rough winds around here. Well I guess I am through dreaming, scheming and venting for now. Hope you all have a good week!!








No comments:

Post a Comment


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.