"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Spinning Wheels, crochet hooks, and things for sell

Hey ya'll!!

I am very excited! My husband and I recently went to the fiber fair here in Asheville, because I want to see the rabbits, and I am getting into knitting, and crocheting, well trying to anyway. And as we were going along talking to all the vendors, my husband spotted a spinning wheel. Now, my husband, not to brag, can make anything wood related that he sets his eyes on, I have seen him do it. And we got to talking to a lady there that said if he could make a spinning wheel, a smaller version of the large one, she would order one from him, because there is a man who makes them and has a waiting list. So I got to thinking, if he can make one, and it works, any of you who might want one, please let me know, and I will let him know. As soon as he makes one I will post a picture of it.

Oh, and I am learning to crochet, and I need some smaller hooks, and also some tatting needles. If any of you know where I can order some off of the internet, that don't cost an arm and leg, please let me know.

And to let you all know, I am selling some things, and for some reason no one around here is calling about my ad in the paper. I used to work in a lab, and I have about 18 pairs of scrub pants and tops to sell. The sizes range from extra small, small, and medium. There are solid colors, prints, and they are in almost new condition, I took very good care of them. I also have a model 25 kodascope 8 reel for sale, in very good condition, and a book-Alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass, and I think it is from 1904, and it is in perfect condition. The scrubs I am selling for $5 a piece, the 8-reel $80, and the book $50. If you would like to see pictures of the items please let me know. I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween. I know we did, we took my husbands cousin, her friend, and my step son out and went to a neighborhood that was full of little ghost, and goblins running around, it was perfect!!



No comments:

Post a Comment


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.