"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A beautiful appalachian day...

Hey ya'll,

It's been a while since I last wrote anything, but so much has been going on! We had our family Thanksgiving/Christmas annual get together this past Sunday, and boy was the food good! My mom and I made yeast rolls from scratch, creamy mashed tators, baked a ham, cooked Madison county(NC) greasy beans, corn casserole, made a cranberry pecan mold, black eye pea salad, and million dollar pie! And the best part of it all, is the left overs!! And it was good to see our family also. My brother and his kids played football in the yard and my sister, sister-in-law and my mom stayed in and gabbed. I didn't take any pictures like I normally do, I just didn't think about it.



We also had our first snowfall of the season, this is not from this year, it didn't stick, but boy did it pour like crazy! Big ole' fat flakes! It was very pretty, and perfect because we were putting up the Christmas tree!

Have any of you ever seen the movie " Last of the Mohican's"? I have seen it a million times, and I watched it this morning. It is from the book that was published in 1826, and it is about the French and Indian war of 1757. The movie was filmed on location in Chimney Rock Park, which I just so happen to live 5 miles from. It is such a magical, beautiful place, if you have never been, you are really missing out!


Well, I better run, I have white-wheat bread in the oven, and vegetable soup made entirely of vegetables from our summer and winter garden, and I have to work on my mom and husbands christmas presents, I am making my mom punched tin in a frame to hang on her wall, and my mom and I are making my husband a flannel shirt!! I am very excited!! I hope you all have a blessed week!!








2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful.....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the movie too, but it makes me cry:0( That was a sad time for this earth....

    ReplyDelete


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.