"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Monday, December 28, 2009

I made cheese!!

Hey ya'll,

            Well I don't know about you all, but I had one amazing Christmas! I got to spend a lot of time with my family, and that means the most to me, way more than any material gift. One of my presents from my mama, was a cheese making kit, is that not awesome!! This one makes mozzarella and ricotta cheese, all you need is milk.
    So I went to the store today and got a gallon of organic, pasteurized milk. It says that ultra-pasteurized milk will not work, and the more butter fat you have in the milk, the better it will taste. So a little while ago, I got out my kit, and followed the directions, and tada!!! Below you see a picture of my first cheese!! I am very excited, and it was oh so good!! And so easy! If you all want a kit, just go to http://www.cheesemaking.com/ and you can buy one, there are all different kinds, and they have anything you would ever need to make any kind of cheese or yogurt you could want!!



I am very excited, and I can not wait to make other kinds, and some yogurt!! I hope ya'll had a very blessed Christmas! I got rubber knee high boots for working in my garden, which came in handy in the 13 inches of snow we got which is still hanging around! I love it, except for getting stuck in it 5 times!!! And I got a black wool pea coat, some hiking boots, farmopoly, the movie Public enemies, which believe it or not is about my grand-father Melvin Purvis. So what did you all get, did you get to spend lots of time with your families? I hope so! Well, have a great week all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.