"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow

Hey ya'll,

     Well we finally got some snow, and boy did we ever get some!! It started Friday night and hasn't stopped yet! We got about I would say 10-12 inches, the most we have seen in some time. The mountains above us got about 2 -3 feet!! It has been so beautiful here. I think we might have a white Christmas after all, because I don't think its going anywhere any time soon, and we are getting some more on Wednesday!! But I tell ya right now, it pays to be self sufficient, which I am not right now. We are out of everything, and I mean everything, and we are stuck!!!

    The picture you see below is behind our property, I love to walk through the woods when it snows!



Well, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, I will not be posting anything until after Christmas, I have a shirt and some tin punch pictures to finish, and this is going to be a crazy week, and my poor mama got swine flu, so I am helping her, and the day after Christmas is my birthday, so I am gonna be a busy girl!! God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.