"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I can't wait!

Hey ya'll,

     I can't wait until it gets warmer! I want to the feel the dirt in my hands! I want to smell freshly plowed dirt, and I want my back to ache from bending over and putting seeds in the ground, I want dirt under my nails from digging and planting babies that I have started from seed. I want blisters on my hands from hard work and from holding the hoe and weeding. Winter is too long for me! I want to see little baby buds and veggies on my plants, I want to smell a tomato plant, I love the smell of tomato leaves. And as much as I hate lightening, and heavy rain, I want to hear thunder and rain pitter pattering on my roof, I want to smell rain in the heavy summer air. It seems like yrs have gone by since last summer. I dont like ticks, or snakes, or bad storms, but I need to be outside, I need to hang out my fresh clean clothes. I am ready to wear one layer of clothes instead of 4 or 5. Hopefully my mom and I are going to build cold frames and raised beds, and my husband and I are going to plow half an acre of garden, maybe more. And if I can afford it, I am determined to get some chicks this spring!

    I have started another blog, its at : http://www.appalachianhousewife.blogspot.com/ and I have made several things and posted pics and pay pal buttons for them. And I am also accepting money orders. My latest creation is a onsie with a beatrix potter patch I cut out of some material and sewed on myself. There are cards with pics I took myself, and some cards that I made. And I will be adding some other things soon, that I am working on now.

  Well I guess I better go for now, still lots to do before bedtime, God Bless you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.