"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Saturday, May 1, 2010

I love it!

Hey ya'll,

     I just love being self reliant! The other day I was hanging clothes on the line washed in my own home made soap, and fabric softener, listening to my chickens cluck and scratch, looking at my veggies growing that I planted, and I started thinking, you know, this is great, God has really blessed me. If the world went crazy, I wouldn't know it, because I have meat and eggs in a coop in the yard, fish in the river I could catch any ole time, all kinds of veggies in the garden, things canned and frozen, we live next to an apple orchard with apples free for the taking, we grind our coffee, if we had to we could cook on a fire, I make cheese, and butter, life is great, God has blessed us with so many talents, and ways to help ourselves, and if people would just realize that, their lives wouldn't be so hectic and stressful. Thank God for simple living!!

2 comments:

  1. Spoken plain and true. There is nothing like providing for your own needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family just moved to a farm last August and we're working on picking up some of the same skills in self-reliance. I loved this post, because I've had similar moments - the laundry (with homemade laundry soap), the chicken, the garden... It's so fulfilling - why doesn't everyone live that way?? :)

    ReplyDelete


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.