"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Monday, May 24, 2010

My new friend,family, and chickens



Hey ya'll,
Well, as usual, I have not posted any blogs in a while, I am gonna play catch up.
I will start with my new friend, my mandolin. My hubby bought it for me yesterday, and I am in love with! The only problem is, I am a very impatient person, and learning the notes and chords takes to long for me, I want to start playing a song now. But I really love it, once I pick it up, I can not put it down!! So, hopefully I can post a song for you all soon.
My chickens are getting sooo big and cute! I can't believe how they are growing! I don't know if I told you all, but I learned after I got home with them, not knowing what straight run meant, until it was to late, that I grabbed the chicks from the wrong brooder! I wanted all hens, and for the last few weeks it has been a waiting game to see what I have, rather it be rooster or hen. Well, I have been watching one that is rather mean, as I posted a few weeks ago, one of my bantams is a feisty little one. And I got solid proof the other day, it tried to crow, it was the most pitiful, scraggly little crow you have ever heard! And it was so cute! Although now I am a little upset that I have a rooster, the mean little bugger has grown on me. So we will see if he gets to stay. 

 My parents and I went to Savannah, GA where my mom was born, and grew up, to visit the most wonderful family anyone could ask for. My great grandma had 12 children, so we have a huge family, although this year not everyone was there. But we still have a good time. I have to tell ya, these women, are the definition of southern. When ever we visit, we always leave with food and plants, I love it!! And as my Uncle James says, when all these women are gone, the world will never be the same! They are one of a kind, there will never be any more like them. in this picture the third one from the left is my wonderful cousin Julie, she is so sweet, she has bee's and any kind of plant you could think of. You have to check out her blog www.naturenut4.blogspot.com. Well, that's all for now, I have more to tell, but I am out of time. God Bless ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. Mckee, You are the absolute sweetest! I just read your blog, you really need to hook it up on facebook.
    I can't wait to hear you play!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.