"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kittens





Hey y'all!

  Me and my mama had been hearing bumping and scratching and babies crying in my mama's duct work. We thought it was mice again, or something worse, there is no telling when you live in the mountains and the woods. We had the duct work cleaned, my dad looked under the house and didn't see anything. So two days ago I heard the noises, I got brave, and I opened the vent and looked inside, and what did I see? I cat tail and a grey cat paw trying to get in the vent. So yesterday, me, my mama, and my aunt pulled the flashing out of the vent and lo and behold, behind it was a grey mama cat and 5 of the cutest little blue eyed babies you have ever seen!! The mama would not come out until we got all the babies and then she came out and left and never came back, I guess she was tired and stressed out and knew they would be alright. So, last night we fed them with a dropper, and took them to the no kill humane society here. I have to say I got very attached, but I don't think it would work well to have a cat and a litter box in a 25 foot camper!  They sure are cute and sweet! But what baby isn't cute?

3 comments:

  1. They sure are cute. How long have you been living in a camper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are precious, I wish I could have kept them, but the mama cat did come back and we going to get her spayed and keep her, she is so sweet!!
    My husband and I have lived in the camper for 3 yrs now, way too long!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet. I know what you mean. Kittens are so adorable, but before you know it, they grow up and make more kittens! So glad you found a safe home for them! I am sure they will be adopted out in no time. Blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.