"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Friday, December 2, 2011

One special Christmas


Hey y'all,

       I want to share my beautiful Christmas ornament with you all! Two Christmas's ago, my sweet mama hurt her back, she has ligament missing from between two vertebrae in her spine, and that in turn is pinching a  nerve and making her leg, hip, and foot hurt pretty much 24 hrs a day. Well, getting back to two yrs ago, when her back and leg first started hurting, she couldn't do anything, the only thing she could do was lay flat on her back, and my mama is not one to lay around, so I knew it was hurting her pretty bad. And all this took place in late Nov. and all through December, so she couldn't go Christmas shopping or do anything else for that matter. So that year she made my husband and I this beautiful ornament. And I will cherish it with all my heart until the day I die! This is the best gift I have ever gotten, not only because she made it, as bad as she was hurting, but because she put so much love into it, and because we overcame her troubles with God's help, and I will always remember that Christmas, and that year I vowed to make every Christmas after that even more special than the last! And my ornament reminds me of that every year when I pull it out to put it on the tree, Merry Christmas ya'll!!!  

3 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that such a simple gift can bring you so much joy! You have a very special mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to wish you a Merry and very blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful ornament! Such a gift. Thank you for commenting on my blog. Now I've found you, I'll be back :) There is no home quite like a home in the mountains, is there?

    ReplyDelete


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.