"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Camper living

Hey y'all,

    I hope everyone had blessed holidays! I did, but I am soooo ready to start seeds, plant things, and play in the dirt! I have been  intensely looking at  seed and chicken catalogs for weeks now, and its about to kill me!!

  But moving on, I am going to start blogging about what life is like in a 25 foot travel camper. My husband and I have lived in one for 3 yrs now, since we said I do in 2008. We decided to live in one, for several reasons. I didn't have a job, I quit my lab clerk job at the hospital where I worked for 4 yrs because of stress, and I couldn't find another one. So that little detail is one reason we decided to buy a camper. My husband had a job and a good one that he still has thank God, so we  had one source of income. We bought an acre of land next to my mom and dad, and started paying  on it, but it still had to be cleared of very thick trees. So we put our camper on hubbies grandpa's land where there had once been a home, so it had septic and well hook up that we could hook into, which was a blessing. So we had everything hooked up with the camper, and moved in after we got married with the intention of building a small home within 6 months to a  year, but that never happened.
But I have to go for now, there will be more to come later with some pictures!
Take care and God Bless!!

5 comments:

  1. Your my third blogger friend that lives in a camper!!

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you decided to share your camper adventures with us after all! I'm sure your posts will be quite interesting. Be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear more about your camper adventures! Thanks for sharing!
    Angela :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems these days more and more people are opting for campers with less bills to pay, if you don't have kids to worry about, then it can work, I would like to find more people to talk to that live in a camper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in NC and when we were looking for land to build on, we discussed camper living while we built. We were told zoning doesn't allow permanent camper living. Our kids will be in college in a few years, and we would love to do something like this. I'm confused on why I see so many camper families after what we were told. Can you offer any info? Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.