"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Monday, October 29, 2012

It's a very blustery day today!

Hey y'all!


    Boy was the camper rockin like a beer can on the side of the Charlotte motor speedway last night!! Our wind speeds got up to 50 mph last night and almost 60 today! We put cinder blocks around the bottom of the camper last year to keep the cold from getting under it, so it doesn't shake quite as much as it used to. But we still get a little uneasy when those early winter winds start blowing through our little mountain holler, I know it's spelled hollow, but we call it a holler. It started blowing snow here last night, and from what I have heard we may get 1-2 inches before the night is over! I love snow, but man is it early this year! I hope we don't have a winter like we did year before last, when it snowed 14 inches in November and didn't melt until April. It was 9 degrees at night and 12 during the day that whole winter! And I had a few bruises from my 5 am trips to the chicken coop, because the snow was packed down and turned to solid ice. So one morning I  got out there at 5 am in my 3 layers in the -15 wind chills and was half asleep  and stepped wrong, landed on my hip and slid down hill all the way to the coop! Good fun! I like to sled but not on my hips!

    So, last weekend I took a trip to Cades Cove, TN with my dear friend Terri and her husband, to do a photo shoot, my first one! They are expecting their first child and wanted maternity pics done. The weather  was perfect, but the traffic was not! But it was still a good day!
Here is 3 of my favorite pictures from the session


They are the sweetest Christian couple, and will make the best parents! Well, I guess that's all for now, if I don't blow away, then I will post some more later. I am super busy getting ready for a craft sale at our local community center next month, I hope I do well! Everyone stay safe in these crazy storms that are coming! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.