"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"- John Muir

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Where is Christmas?

Hey y'all,

   So hubbies back is back to normal!! Thank you to all of you who said a prayer, I believe prayer is an ultimate healing power!! But we still need prayer this way I am afraid. My husband got laid off from the company he had been with for over 7 years in this past June. He is getting his last unemployment check next week, and neither one of us has a job. He has been looking since day one, and there just are not any jobs in our area, for me, him or the 700 other unemployed people here.  The scary thing is he has to pay child support every month for the son he had from his first marriage. If he misses two payments, they could put him in jail. I wish someone would explain to me how this makes sense. They put you in jail and peg you as a dead beat, and they leave you in jail until you can make the payment. Now, if you are in jail, and not working, how are you going to get the money to make that payment? Can someone please tell me that? I would  really love to know how that is supposed to work.  I really don't know what we are going to do, it terrifies me to know that we will have no income and we have no money saved up. So everyone out there that prays please say some extra prayers for us!

    On another note, we have 70 MPH winds coming for the next two days! If it blows us away, I hope it blows us to Prince Edward Island, to a little farm house, with a wood stove, some animals and lots of open fields..... I know, I am dreaming!! But right now, that's all I have!

   So, I don't know if I am the only one who has had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit, but I can't seem to find Christmas this year. I think it's because wal-mart and all the other companies start running it into the ground 2 days after Halloween! And there have not been any Christmas movies on TV, and it's been so warm, you just don't feel much like dashing through the snow, or decking the halls. And I am normally the happy, giddy, annoying person that exudes Christmas! I have all the old Christmas movies, old Christmas CD's and so many decorations it's looks like an elf exploded in my mama's house. But it's been very hard for me this year, I am  slowly getting there, maybe by Christmas day I will be. So when I feel down, I look at our Christmas tree all lit up and decorated with the ornaments that have been passed down by our family, and I play the Little women soundtrack in my head, that is one of my favorite Christmas movies, and when I do that, while drinking my mama's Russian tea, I feel Christmas for just a little while. So if you are having a hard time finding Christmas, listen to the youtube soundtrack for Little Women, while drinking something festive, and look at your tree and mediate and thank God for what you have, it will lift your spirits for a little while, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The enchanting Blue Ridge Mountains I call home.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, in a little camper, with my husband and family. We are trying to become self sufficient and live off the land. I am sick of all the sad news on TV, the economy, and the evil world we live in, so we are trying to make things as simple as possible and get back to the basics. I think if everyone did that, and had faith in God the world might be a better place. Follow along, as we live life in our little tin can, and try to make it a home, while learning to homestead.